I asked some of my fellow Wolverines, including students, staff, and teachers, to join me on this year in review. Here a just a few of the big wins we experiences this year!
● No more portables! It is simply amazing to have everyone in the building together!
● The elementary school remodel brought a fresh face and modern feel to the daily grind.
● 5th Graders love their lockers!
● 4th and 5th graders made some HUGE gains in Iowa Assessment this year! WAY TO GO, READERS!
● Preschool teachers engaged in some pretty fantastic literacy work that brought new research projects and writing activities for their students to take part in.
● The addition of Accelerated Reader (AR) encouraged students to check out about 500+ more books this school year!
● March Madness invited students to take on some new reading books they might not have otherwise considered reading.
● Our Kindles made reading more accessible and fun for students! Thanks, Boosters!
● Our portable SmartBoard made so many of our school-wide assemblies so seamless! Thanks again, Boosters!
● New Chromebooks were purchased this year. Each K-4 classroom received 4.
● The Hatch Early Learning system provided our preschool students with a new way to show what they know.
● Our new Everyday Math manipulative kits allowed teachers and students to maximize their hands-on math learning.
● Thanks to Jody Still-Herbold from the Northwest AEA our science teachers took part in some powerful science module training during our PD days.
● Professional Learning Communities were started at both buildings, allowing teachers to share their experiences, knowledge, and expertise with one another.
This is work that will continue to impact our schools. The list could go on, and on, and on because there have been so many good things happening at River Valley Elementary School and I couldn’t be prouder to be part of the team! Thank you for trusting US with your kids, they are certainly in good hands! Happy Summer! -Mrs. Holtz