Art 6-12 - Mrs. Harris
The visual arts are hands on classes where the student will learn about different art styles, artists and types of art. Classes use different media to create your own personal art and styles.
Instructor Information: My name is Jane Harris. I live in Holstein with my husband Nolan. We have 3 children. I went to high school at Elk Point,South Dakota. I attended college at Northern State and USD. We have 5 grandchildren. We enjoy camping and hiking. I love to take pictures and garden. I spend hours doing both in the summer.
|Instructor: Jane Harris||Room:100|
|Phone: 712-372-4556||Morning Office Hours: 7:45-8:15|
|Afternoon Office Hours: 3:30-3:45|
|4||6th Grade Art|
|7||Introduction to Art|
|8||Junior High Art|
Classroom Expectations: Come to class ready to create your own art.
Share materials, clean up after yourself.
Materials: It is the expectation that you will bring the following to class everyday or store in your art room bin.
2) Textbook for classes that have them.
3) Sketch book for painting and drawing classes.
4) Camera for photography class.
After being tardy 3 times you will need to serve a detention for being late.
Restroom/Locker : Only when necessary.
Absences: Students need to come and makeup time lost when gone since art is a hands on class.
Late Work: Lose points each day assignment is late.
1) Be in the room and have materials out by the time the bell rings.
2) Bring all class materials so you are prepared.
3) Use good manners.
4) Respect others and their property, handle only your own work.
5) Use safety equipment when needed.
6) No taking to others during a presentation or demonstration.
7) Always use appropriate language.
A =100-93 A- 92-90
B+= 89-87 B- 86-83 B-82-80
C+ = 79-77 C 76-73 C- 72-70
D+ =69-67 D 66-63 D- 62-60
F =59 and below