River Valley Coronavirus Updates
Schools are closed for the remainder of the year per Governor Reynolds announcement on April 17.
The state allows each school to select between providing a required or voluntary educational plan. We have chosen to provide a voluntary plan while we are closed for grades PK-5. We have decided on a hybrid plan for 6th-11th graders.
PK-5 - Voluntary
- We will continue to provide learning packets through a "BINGO Board"
- More information will be sent to you from Mrs. Holtz.
6th -11th - Voluntary then REquired
- We need to be prepared in the future for moving to a required format for learning for our students. We need to try a week of required learning with our 6th - 11th graders to see how we do and where we need to improve. This will also give our students an opportunity to raise their grade/standing for the third quarter, which will become their second semester grade.
- May 4th - May 8th will be required. Please understand the work completed can only help you.
- Students will need to have homework back to teachers by May 15.
- More Information will follow from Mr. Bisenius.
Seniors - Voluntary
- Seniors continue with voluntary plan
Graduation - June 28
We are planning on graduation traditional ceremony on June 28 at 1:30pm. If state rules in regards to larger gatherings and social distancing are still in place then we will switch to a virtual graduation at the same time.
Prom - June 20
Prom has been moved to June 20th. We will not have a makeup day for Prom.
Spring sports have been canceled for the remainder of the year.
Summer sports have been suspended until June 1.
Phone extensions - Call (712) 372-4656
Taunia Pry - Food Director - Ext. 1234
Melissa Holtz - Elementary Principal - Ext. 2223
Adam Bisenius - JH/HS Principal/AD - Ext. 1222
Ken Slater - Superintendent - Ext. 1238
11:00am - 1:00pm